This webpage provides access to a variety of publications on air quality information in national parks. The "Top Picks" list features items that have been recently published or are the most requested. A collection of air quality publications, including reports and journal articles, can also be accessed below by browsing a specific topic area. Journal articles authored by Air Resources Division (ARD) staff will be provided in full, however, when articles of interest are authored by non-ARD staff, only citations will be listed due to copyright restraints.
- Air Quality Monitoring Strategy (January 2015; pdf, 911 KB)
- Mapping of nutrient-nitrogen critical loads for selected national parks in the intermountain west and great lakes regions. (August 2014, pdf, 8.45 MB).
- 2012 Monitoring and Tracking Wet Nitrogen Deposition at Rocky Mountain National Park (January 2014; pdf, 2.3 MB)
- PNW Snow Report: Atmospheric Pollutant Loading to Olympic, Mount Rainier, and North Cascades National Parks: Spatial and Temporal Variability and Linkages To Trans-Pacific Air Masses. (January 2013; pdf, 445 KB)
- Air Quality in National Parks: Trends (2000–2009) and Conditions (2005–2009) (July 2013; pdf, 2.2 MB)
- Assessing the risk of nitrogen deposition to natural resources in the Four Corners area (February 2013; pdf, 3.3 MB)
- National Park Service Visitor Values & Perceptions of Clean Air, Scenic Views & Dark Night Skies; 1988-2011 (February 2013; pdf, 1.23 MB)
- Yellowstone Over-snow Vehicle Emission Tests – 2012; Summary Vehicle Data and Fleet Estimates for Modeling (January 2013; pdf, 980 KB)
- Gaseous Pollutant Monitoring Program: Annual Data Summary Reports (Updated October 2012)
- Sierra Nevada-Southern Cascades (SNSC) Region Air Contaminants Research and Monitoring Report (July 2012; pdf, 2.8 MB)
- Federal Land Managers' Air Quality Related Values Work Group (FLAG)
Phase 1 Report—Revised (2010) (November 2010; pdf, 4.9 MB)
NOTE: A minor revision to page 23 of FLAG 2010 regarding recommended use of the CALPUFF dispersion model was made on 11/10/2010 following the reports release on 10/28/2010.
- Federal Land Managers' Air Quality Related Values Work Group (FLAG) Phase 1 Report—Response to Public Comments (2010) (October 2010; pdf, 1.2 MB)
Browse By Topic
To browse available publications by topic, select a topic area from the drop-down list below.
Disclaimer: Links within documents provided on these webpages were valid as of the date published.