Additional Web Links on Toxics
- EPA - Dioxin Overview
- USGS Fact Sheet 146-00 "Mercury in the Environment"
- USGS Fact Sheet 152-95 "Pesticides in the Atmosphere"
- National Park Service "Environmental Contaminants Encyclopedia"
- THE ALJOYA CONSENSUS STATEMENT: Long-Range Atmospheric Transport and Effects of Contaminants in the North Pacific Region: Knowledge, Concerns & Research Needs
Impacts of Airborne Toxics on Surface Waters
- EPA and CCME Metaalicus Project
- U.S. Geological Survey Circular 1225--"The Quality of Our Nation's Waters--Nutrients and Pesticides: Sources of Nutrients and Pesticides"
- USGS Water Resources Investigations Report CO-4053 "Organochlorine Pesticides and PCBs in Stream Sediment and Aquatic Biota--Initial Results from the National Water-Quality Assessment Program, 1992-1995"
Organizations Involved With Toxics
- United Nations Environment Programme: Mercury
- North American Commission for Environmental Cooperation: Mercury Hotspots
- EPA - Mercury
- Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants
- The International POPs Elimination Network
- EPA - Integrated Atmospheric Deposition Network
- National Institute of Health - TOXNET
- Arctic Monitoring and Assessment Programme
- USDA Forest Service Lichen Site
- American Bryological and Lichenological Society
- Canadian Northern Contaminants Program: Contaminants in Traditionally Harvested Foods
- US Fish and Wildlife Environmental Contaminants Program
- United Nations Environment Programme: Persistent Organic Pollutants
- Circumpolar Conservation Union